Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Real Life with the Taylors: Purses

Yesterday was a really great day.  I wasn't so sure it would be, because it started out with a cereal sneeze (not serial sneeze... cereal sneeze).  You know, that awful thing that happens when you are halfway through chewing a mouthful of cereal and you suddenly, with no warning whatsoever, sneeze?  And stuff goes everywhere?  Or you catch it on your sleeve or in your hand?  The hand is the best-case scenario here, because it's easiest to clean up.

I caught it with my hand.  That was probably a sign that it was going to be a good day.

But we're not here to talk about cereal sneezes or my good day.  It's (way past) time for another episode of Real Life With the Taylors.

First up, we have this scenario.



No, I'm not talking about the filthy storm door that I don't even bother to clean because what's the point?  I'm talking about that black plastic tubing right outside the door.  I think we've talked about this before, so I won't elaborate too much.  But this downspout extension is supposed to be attached to the other side of the house.  And it's not.  Actually, it's pretty rare to find it where it should be.



This girl likes to drag them all over the place.  I think she tears them off of the house because sometimes critters get in there, but as for the relocation... there's not explanation.


Secondly, we are going to talk about my purse situation.  Which is this.



A dirty, stained, white canvas bag.  Obviously I need to wash this thing.



Also, I've heard rumors that it's past Labor Day and I shouldn't be carrying such a light color.

I refuse to accept this.  It is NOT after Labor Day.  Because that would mean that August has come and gone.  And it is not possible that that has happened.  

But then why is it so cold outside?  Maybe it is after Labor Day, and I definitely do need to change my purse.

Gail... I know what you're thinking, but I need to stop you right now.  It is NOT time for a purse intervention.  I do not need a new purse.  Because here is the current state of my purse collection:



I know that this pales in comparison to many women's purse collections, but for me it is more than enough.  I am not of the school of thought that "you can never have too many purses."

So, I guess I will switch my purse to something less dirty and more appropriate for late October (late October!  When did this happen!?).

And that's it for Real Life with the Taylors. 

PS- Please tell me I'm not the only one that does cereal sneezes.  The worst is a cookie sneeze, when you're like "Man, that was was a really tasty cookie and I just spit it all over my shirt!"  Gross, I know, but this is Real Life with the Taylors.

No comments:

Post a Comment