Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Feeding Program

Tonight we presented at youth group about our trip to Honduras, so I'm all pumped up to share more. And I want to go back.  Now.

Today will be short and sweet word-wise, but heavy on the pictures.  I couldn't pick and choose which beautiful faces to share with you here, so I'm just sharing them all.  These kids melt my heart of stone.

Dago & Dilia run a feeding program from the children's home.  The bus goes around and picks up kids and brings them in for lunch.  The program runs Monday through Friday, and they usually have about 80 (ish) kids, but numbers were a little low when we were there because it was around the holidays.

The kids eat lunch and get to play on the playground for a little bit, then they go home.  For many of these kids, it is thier only meal for the day.  We "helped" by giving them thier bowls of food.  Dilia, Mariana, and the girls at the home, cook all the food from scratch.


Tuesday they had tamales.  Dilia said the feeding program kids don't like tamales because they aren't used to them.  They have to finish the food they are given before they ask for more.  She said that usually they ALL come up for seconds, but they didn't this time because they didn't finish their tamales.

You can read more about the feeding program over here on the children's home website.  And now, I leave you with some beautiful faces to make your day :)































2 comments:

  1. Jesus loves the little children of the world--ALL the children of the world. They are soooo precious. I can see why you fell in love with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephanie!

    Am I missing an "about" page somewhere? I am so intrigued by you story and what you're up to and what your blog title means. Childless by choice or chance? Why are you in Honduras? Etc. Looks like I should do some clicking around -- I saw pumpkin recipes!

    Also, we follow some of the same blogs :-)

    X Angie

    ReplyDelete