Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pumpkin Week: Pumpkin Soup

There are some things that make me feel like super-productive, efficient person.  Not that these things have any relation to productivity or efficiency, I just like being on top of these things, or having them happen.  For example:

  • Laying out my clothes the night before.
  • Having pickles in the refrigerator.  Not that this means I have been productive and industrious by making pickles... just buying them at the store makes me feel good!  And its not like we eat a lot of pickles!  I just like having them there.  It gives me peace of mind.
  • Running a pen out of ink.  Like when it actually runs out of ink.  Not dries up so the ballpoint won't roll anymore... I mean run it out of ink.  So productive.  Productive people write so much with thier pen that it runs out of ink.
  • Getting up when its still dark out.  Even if that's just because the sun doesn't rise until 9 am, and I get up at 8:45.  At least I can still say to myself, "Yeah, I'm That Person that gets up before sunrise."  Never mind that everyone else is That Person too.
  • Scheduling blogs posts to post, because I am so on top of things that I wrote them all ahead of time...

That's what was going to happen for pumpkin week.  I had several of the recipes typed in here way back in the first part of October.  I had the pictures taken by halfway through October.  The plan was to post every day about my new things in October (ha!)  meanwhile, behind the scenes, I would be working ahead and getting the Pumpkin Week posts lined up and scheduled to post.

I live in a dreamworld.


All this to say... I don't even have a picture of today's recipe.  But (in my defense) I do have pickles in the fridge (homemade ones, at that!) and I get up before dark...or at least I used to before the time change.

PUMPKIN SOUP

Saute the following in a big soup pot with about 1 T olive oil:
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
  • 3 carrots, sliced (and, then sliced into half-moon if very large in diameter)
  • 4 ribs celery, thinly sliced
Once sauteed, add about:
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Stir well into vegetables.
Add:
  • 32 oz vegetable stock
  • 2 15 oz cans pumpkin
  • 2 large (about 32 oz) cans diced tomatoes (with juice)
Stir well to combine, heat through.  Freshly cracked black pepper and salt to taste.

What things make you feel productive?

4 comments:

  1. Can I just say...I love you? :) cuz I do!! A lot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! I love you, too!! A lot! I am so blessed to have you in my life, and I CAN'T WAIT to see you at Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Making lists, and then crossing things off of lists!! :) V. productive feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cleaning until you totally fill the trash bin makes me feel productive.

    ReplyDelete