Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Snowballs

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for it to snow.  I know that there will be PLENTY of snow this winter.  There always is.  But...I always get excited about the first snow.


I decided that I wanted to start a tradition at our house that when we have the first snow we make Snowballs.  Finally, after Thanksgiving, it snowed.  I could make snowballs.  Apparently I still wasn't recovered from our Thanksgiving journey over the river and through the woods, so I kept running out of steam, and it turned into a 3 day process.  But I finished... and they are almost gone.

Please remember: these can be made any time of year (as can all "Christmas cookies.")  I first had these at one of my bridal showers that happened in April or May.  Try them-- they're pretty easy.

SNOWBALLS
1 packaged Oreos, crushed (we used the food processor this year and it worked like a dream)
1 package cream cheese, softened
1 package almond bark, melted

Mix the Oreos with the cream cheese.  Roll into balls and chill (I freeze them).  Dip in almond bark and place on wax paper.  Refrigerate.

Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment