Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Happenings

Hey Kids!  I figured I would stop in for a little, hello-how-you-doing-I-can't-hear-you-cause-this-is-a-blog-so-I'll-only-talk-about-me. (NOTE: I actually could hear you, if you would leave a comment.  Then this conversation wouldn't be so one-sided and therefore boring.  Just sayin'...)

There are lots of things going on!  I finished my first semester of nursing school, and I passed all my classes.  This means I'm MOVING ON!  Yay!  One semester down, 5 to go...  My clinicals for this semester were at a nursing home.  We were each assigned a patient to do the nursing cares for during the week we were there, and I got THE BEST patient.  And no, I'm no biased. Everyone in my group told me that, even my instructor.  It was all a very positive experience and I loved it!  Yay nursing!

I am now working as many hours as possible which feels like a lot, but is still considerably less than 40.  However, shortly I will be working NONE of the hours because I will be out of town.  Where am I going?  I'm so glad you asked.

First, we're meeting up with my siblings and parents in Hilton Head Island, SC.  The vacation destination of my childhood.  Also... my happy place.  It will be beyond fantastic.  There will be swimming and beaching and game winning playing and ALL the good food.  I heard a rumor it might even rain tacos one night we're there.  If that's not exciting, I don't know what it.





After we get back from Hilton Head, we will do laundry as fast as possible, grab my fresh passport, and head BACK TO ENGLAND!!!  Yay!  Just a couple weeks this time, but that is more than ok. I am so, so grateful for the opportunity!  But wait... there's more!  Sapphire will be joining us for a week!!!!! We're going to do ALL the Agatha Christie things, since we're such big fans and all.




I'm so excited, but I have no idea how I will return to normal life after all of the travelling is over.  Fortunately/ unfortunately I will suddenly have school again to bring me rapidly back to earth.  Speaking of earth, I will also have my garden to deal with, so that's nice.



I got my vegetables planted on Saturday.  Here's how things went down.



My heart is in a lot of places right now.  I'm happy here where I am, but I can't wait to be with my family, and I can't wait to go back to London.  A year ago I was on my way home, and I had a lot of mixed feelings.  I think this revisit will be good for my soul.

Speaking of good for the soul, did you catch DWTS last night?  What an emotional semifinal.  I'm notoriously horrible at anticipating emotional situations, but I don't know that anyone expected that many tears.  I mean, I didn't cry, but everyone on the show seemed to.  And the news tonight that Riker was safe and would be dancing in finals MADE ME SO HAPPY!  I especially needed good news, because I lost my chapstick today.

So that's a bit of what's up with us.  Each day I'm trusting the Lord to guide my steps and keep me grounded. It's hard to feel grounded with so much change and excitement, though...

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got some good news, what with losing your chapstick and all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get to plant a garden this year, what with selling our house and all. :( So I would LOVE to help you with yours in exchange for produce. :) pretty pleeeeeease??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, I would LOVE help with my garden, especially since I will be gone so much at a crucial time for my tender, young, plantlings. And my garden tends to produce way more than the two of us know what to do with, so of course I will share!

      Delete
  3. I will be more than happy to come over and eat watermelon for you. Also we need to have a London sit down and figure stuff out. Specifically tickets.

    ReplyDelete