Thursday, February 12, 2015

Life According to my Phone

Hi Friends!  How's life?  Does it feel like nothing in particular is happening, yet everything is happening at once?  Me too.

This was my schedule last week


Approximately, way busy.  This is this week:


Ahhh... much better.  But neither of these reflect church, cooking, cleaning, or life in general.

I've been trying to take pictures more often, like I did when we were gone.  Sometimes I even think about getting into Instagram.  But here's a preview of what that would be like for any who may follow me.

Lots of this.



Also, this.



And let's not forget this.



Family time on the couch.




Basically, a lot of studying and waaay a lot of dogs.  However, there are other consistent themes through my days: tea.






And let's not forget the obligatory Look-at-this-beautiful-and-special-meal-I'm-about-to-eat but-not-before-I-take-a-picture-of-it-so-I-can-show-the-world-I-have-quality-of-life picture.



Whole wheat buttermilk pancakes with strawberry sauce-- our special snow day breakfast when church was cancelled.

In other news, Toby got a haircut!


Before


After
Since his haircut, there's been a lot more shivering.  I decided to put Jynx's old sweater on him to keep him warmer.  It's a good thing dogs are color blind, otherwise he might be mad I dressed him like a girl.  Emily's stared calling him Tobina. Tim came home early the other day with a stiff neck, so Toby decided to take care of him/ use him to keep warm.




 Toby's not the only one who got a haircut last week!  So did this girl, who's really bad a selfies.


Before

After
 It feels pretty good.  I got 7 inches removed!

On Saturday this girl, her brother, and her mom stopped by for a little visit, which was lots of fun.


 Things are pretty cold outside, but I don't know that these ice crystals would have been formed if there hadn't been significant melting first.



 We've had a lot of warm and melty Sundays recently, which, combined with awesome stuff going on at church, give me so much hope.  Aslan is on the move, guys!  God is working in so many ways, and it is EXCITING.  In fact, the melting winter has prompted me to start reading through the Chronicles of Narnia series again.  I try to make time for pleasure reading as a break from all of my studying.  My Bible reading and Jesus Calling devotional are also very pleasurable to read, but I think of that more as life-reading.  As in, how-could-I-get-through-each-day-without-hearing-from-God's-Word reading. 


So that's life right now... studying and working, but seeing God work in so many ways.  Life is never more exciting than when we are doing God's will!

What are you up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment