Thursday, November 20, 2014

Christmas Spirit Day List

Friends!

Hello!

I know it's been awhile, and I apologize it's just that...life got busy, you know?  It happens to the best of us.  Life is still busy.  I should definitely be writing a paper or cleaning my house right now, but, well...(to be honest)...I've missed you! So I thought I would pop in with a little Christmas Spirit Day check-in.  As always, bullet points are the way to go when there are lots of things.


  • First (and most importantly) HAPPY CHRISTMAS SPIRIT DAY!  I know that some of you may still be in the dark about what this is, and I had intended to explain it to you by now, but...(see excuses above).  I hope today is filled with Christmas music, warm drinks, joy, and maybe a little bit of snow.


  • The last three weeks I have been doing clinical experiences for my Certified Nurse Aide training on Monday and Tuesday nights at a nursing home.  It's been overwhelming, difficult, wonderful, and a blessing all at once.  The good news is, I'm DONE aaaaaaannnnnnd... I passed my state tests yesterday!!!  Yay!  Praise the Lord! (Seriously, it's only by His grace I've survived).  One more hurdle cleared for acceptance into the nursing program.  Now I just need to maintain my grades.
  • I've been on a Cream of Wheat kick for breakfast lately.  So warm.  So creamy.  So comforting. Not to brag, but I've become a bit of an expert on making it in the microwave so... yeah.  I'm kind of a big deal.  And you can be too!  Here are my (tried and true) tips:
    • Follow the directions.  This means that you use less milk than the stove top method.  Don't mess around with these ratios.
    • As BTTJ says "when they say 30 seconds, they mean 30 seconds."  Yep.  Otherwise you have spillage and your microwave looks like the Beast's face when he's trying to have a nice breakfast with Belle. (Remember that scene?  It was in that amazing library.)
    • In my microwave, I cook it with milk for 1 minute (stir) then 30 seconds (stir) 30 seconds (stir) then 15 second (stir).  Perfect texture for my taste.
    • Stirring is a big deal!  Stir really well in between.  Also, if you get a glop stuck on your spoon, DO NOT try to remove it with your fingertip. It's hot.  Trust me on this one...
    • Stir in a little pat of butter and a spot of brown sugar... yum.
  • In other big news, my sister-in-law Emily is going to come and work for the same company as BTTJ (her big brother) and live with us for awhile so... that's exciting!  I hope she knows what she's getting into. (Emily, you're going to be living with me.  You can run, but you can't hide...mwa hahaha...).  I'm pretty excited.

  • As you may (or may not) know, I work retail.  Needless to say, next week is a big week. I'm working 2:30-9:15 pm Wednesday, 12:30 am-8am Friday, and 5:45 am- 2:45 pm on Saturday.  Not terrible, but my question is... how do I sleep for that?  Any ideas welcome...
  • The other day I was talking to my sister, Kelly, and I was like "Remember that time we went gallivanting around Europe together?" and she was like "You know, I was thinking about that the other day..." and I thought "The other day? I think about it  every. single. day. Multiple times a day."  I realized I especially think about it in my 9 am Anatomy & Physiology class. I miss England.  I want to go back...

     

  • Things have gotten cold around here, and we're all trying to stay warm.  It is beautiful/scary to see enemies unite to stay warm/ guilt-trip their mom that they are neglected and get no attention.

  • This has yet to be confirmed, but...a dream of mine may come true next week.  I might get to cook Thanksgiving dinner!   Remember how Emily's moving out here?  Well, that may or may not happen over Thanksgiving!  And her parents may or may not bring her out here!  Which means they might be here for Thanksgiving!  Which is super-exciting!  Even if I don't make a turkey dinner, I'm just excited at the prospect of seeing them.
  • Dancing with the Stars Finale is next week!!! It's been quite a season.  I've had to tape most of it, then watch it later.  Last night I watched Monday's episode (semifinals).  I love Sadie, and I'm so proud of her.  She's awesome.  It's about time Tommy went home... sheesh.  And I had a sad/emotional/beautiful dream last night that Alfonso was going to die and Whitney was so sad, and he wanted to do once last dance before he kicked the bucket.  Thank goodness it was just a dream!  
I think that's all for now, folks.  Now that I'm done with my CNA, I might be able to pop in here a little more often.  I love you all, thanks for your patience and for always tuning in!

No comments:

Post a Comment