Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Basement Weeks 6&7: Ugggggh

As I write this I am sitting with a heating pad on my back and wonder if I will ever move again.  As that shirt on the Pinterest said, "My everything hurts."  We skipped our church's annual retreat this weekend to get the basement ready which was a major bummer at first, but... it turned out all right.  Tim and I spent a lot more time together than we would have otherwise, and (here is God at work) we got along all weekend!

I didn't update you last week because, well... life.  You know, classes, work, both of us came down with nasty colds, we had out of town company (which was FANTASTIC-- thanks for coming, guys!) Tim got sent on a business trip at the last minute...so we are down to crunch time.  And we got SO MUCH DONE this weekend.  In fact, here is a summary of what has happened since the last check-in (all of this did not necessarily happen this weekend):

Tim leveled the landing.  It was pretty bad.

See the bubble all the way over there on the left?

 The old cast-iron drain-pipe has been replaced with PVC.

This is a before picture

Jynx dug the trenches for the plumbing.



Tico did the plumbing.



I filled the trenches back in.

Tim is leveling the floor.

I have a couple of loads of rubble to take to the dump between classes tomorrow, and we need to finish leveling the floor (we've done the worst of it).

When I get home from work tomorrow night, we're going to take out the old stairs and set up a ladder for the construction guys to use.  And we will be done... for now.

In just a few days we will have a waterproofed basement with a new slab!  I can hardly believe it...

No comments:

Post a Comment