Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Johnson Lake 2014

I don't know about you, but I had a fantastic weekend.


Tim and I took a long weekend to head to Nebraska and meet up with my fam at Johnson Lake.  Dad's cousin, Rick, has a lake house big enough for our crew, and kindly lent it to us for the weekend.



I tried waterskiing.   I've tried before, but never was successful.  However, under Rick's experienced tutelage, I got up on my first try!


I was up for awhile before one of my epic faceplants...



 Svendark tried, too.   First he was like:



Then he was like:


He stayed up for awhile, though before the crash.



Having already made waterskiing look like a cake-walk (#BTTJDNMA), Tim decided to have a go at wakeboarding. (Sidenote: is my husband hot or what?)



And he got up on his first try, and wakeboarded like it was no big deal. "I'm so surprised" said no one ever... 



It was wonderful to have our whole family together again!  This usually only happens about twice per year, since we live in 5 different states (6, if you count wherever Dad happens to be working on any given week).
Here's the whole motley crew!  L to R: Dad, Mom, Kelly (my older sister), Sven (our "baby brother"), Kevan (my brother-in-law), Mandy (my younger sister), me (in all of my lake-weekend glory), and Tim (aka, Big Time Timmy Jim)
Dad's extended family live in Nebraska, so we got to spend time visiting with most of them as well.  I was too busy working the crowd to take any pictures.

Even though I'm still sore, it was a fantastic weekend.  Thanks, Mom, for coordinating schedules and organizing it.  Rick and Julie: we can't thank you enough for you hospitality!  You are such a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment