Sunday, March 20, 2011

Seedlings!!

I started some seeds a few weeks ago.  I did my cool season veggies, since they can be ready to face the elements before some of the more high-maintenance foods.



Cauliflower, cabbage, and broccoli


I saved the little pots from some plants I bought last year.


Since I was all ready doing something "sciencey", I thought I would do a surface tension study while I was at it.


Marker won't show up well on black pots, so I decided to identify which plants were which and add a little sparkle.


Line up guys... now look at the camera.  Smile!


Here they are a couple weeks later...this is the cabbage


They just grow so fast, and then before you know it, they're married and gone...wait...they're plants.   Sorry, I got carried away.


Oh, and here's the sweet potatoes...the background makes them look a little leafier.  But check out those roots!

Since spring has (almost) officially sprung, I think this is an excellent time to remind us all of my gardening mantra.  Say it with me now...

It's God who grows things.

No comments:

Post a Comment